Among the detained, 19 people were managers of 17 pastures, breeding farms and milk purchasing stations. The local procuratorate has issued arrest warrants for 13 of them, according to the investigation panel of the Sanlu Group tainted milk case.
According to police investigation, melamine was produced in underground plants and then sold to breeding farms and purchasing stations.
- Shenzhou 9 Makes Triumphant Return
- Guo Wengui's Demands: Rule of Law, Press Freedom and Release All Political Prisoners
- 81 Sentenced for Terrorism as Incident Rattles Beijing
- China's Growing Military Strength a Future Threat – Hisahiko Okazaki
- Yu Hua on China's Future
- Minitrue: No Comments on Rising Oil Consumption Tax
- The Impact of Asia's Giants – Bryan Walsh
- Word of the Week: Buried Alive